Eastside Farm goes to Market!
Above you can see a picture of Farmer Jeff, along with our newly picked squash (6 varieties), kirby pickling cucumbers, and our farm fresh eggs.
Working at the Farmer's Market was a totally new experience for me. I felt so proud of our little squashes, explaining the different varieties. It is really something to see them go from seeds, to little babies in the basement, to seedlings going into the ground and then, heavens, producing an abundance of SQUASH!!!
We handed out a recipe that used both eggs and squash, Summer Squash Casserole. Give it a try. It is really easy to make and SO GOOD!
Summer Squash Casserole – A favorite family recipe
1 tsp kosher salt
1 cup grated cheddar cheese (about 3.5oz)
freshly ground pepper
¼ c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic
¼ c. freshly chopped parsley
½ c. bisquick
4 Eastside Farm eggs – well beaten
1 T. salted butter, melted in microwave in 8x 8 glass baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sprinkle shredded zucchini with salt and set aside for 1 hour. Turn into colander and press out liquid.
- Combine squash, cheese, pepper, onion, garlic, parsley, and bisquick.
- Stir in well beaten eggs until thoroughly blended.
- Melt butter in baking pan, distribute all over pan.
- Pour zucchini mixture into skillet. Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees 35-40 min (or until mix is firm and edges are browning.)